Monday, September 07, 2009

Camping Fun

I had the bright idea to go camping this Labor Day weekend. We usually try and go in October, but, for obvious reasons we won't be doing that this year. I told Kev I could probably only handle one night and boyyyy was I right.

We went to Village Creek State Park outside of Wynne, Arkansas. Highlight of the trip was when I went to the bath house around midnight without a flashlight. I was walking along and saw a stick....a very curvy stick....that slithered away when I walked past it. I'm sure I woke up the entire campsite with my scream. Everything was okay once I got to the bathroom door and the frog who was blocking me kindly jumped out of my way so I could open the door.

Needless to say, this will be our last time to camp in September. Too many mosquitos, way to hot and muggy.



Kev and Nora setting up camp



Me, 8 months pregnant, not setting up camp



Success!




A little baseball




A little swimming in the lake





Kev and Nora on a walk



Me, 8 months pregnant, not walking



A good, muggy night's sleep in the tent, then blueberry muffins in the morning



Tired, and thankful to be crossing this bridge


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Cute pictures. Glad you guys had a fun weekend. Bummer about the snake and mosquitos! YUCK

Can't wait to see picts of baby girl before too long! Miss you!

The Sandersons said...

Wow! You are braver than I! Great pics.

Unknown said...

wish we could have joined you! you're a stud, ang!

Julie said...

I didn't know there were topless beaches in Arkansas! Cool!

You are quite the stud for sticking that out! I love Nora's pink Cowboys jersey...totally want it!

I would love to catch you guys over the holidays if you make it down here...