Friday, October 30, 2009




When we decided to start trying for a baby with Nora, it all came pretty easily. Three months after deciding we were ready, the Lord agreed and blessed us with our first pregnancy. I'm normally a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kind of gal. Not really organized, don't really have to have a schedule or any kind of routine. Since I've gotten older I have gotten a bit better, and definitely since we started doing Dave Ramsey and paying off our monstrous student loans I have suddenly become a Type A planner. I had everything planned, we'd try for #2 when we had x student loan paid off, then deliver around x month.

One year and one miscarriage later we found ourselves expecting our 2nd. The whole process was very emotional, but also taught us to fully trust in the Lord, and know that our plans may not be what is best for our lives. He is working hard to form our family, and we had to let go the control we wanted to have and trust that His way is the only way. It's been a great journey for us.

So, with that said, it took us FOREVER to find a middle name for this baby. I wanted it to be something so special, because of the Lord's hand in this process. I also wanted it to flow, like any mother does, so this was overwhelming because nothing was working. A few weeks ago I prayed (seems like a silly prayer, but the Lord answered) that he would literally drop a middle name into our brains (or at least onto google) and he did.

In a few days, we will welcome Margo Lael into our lives. Lael, pronounced "Lay- ell" is a Hebrew word meaning "belonging to God". We're naming her this because she does. She belongs to God, not us. She's being given to us as a gift and display of God's unending grace for us. As much as I desperately wanted a baby and wanted one on my own time, the Lord is providing on HIS time and we are so grateful. So join us in praying for Margo Lael as she spends her last few days in the comfort of mommy's belly. Well, the comfort is hers, not so much mine, but anyway. We're so excited to meet this new member of our family!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

As you know, it has been a blessing to be along side you on your journey. I treasure our midday converstations of meds, levels, hormones, hopes, dreams, fears, and prayers. I am so thankful that Margo Lael is coming into this world and that the Lord has blessed your family. Love you, friend

Jesse Faris said...

Love.

In the meantime, let's eat some more Mexican food. :)

Julie said...

Wonderful! Praying as the days dwindle down!

Thankful for the God who has walked by you on this journey!

Unknown said...

it is so perfect. and, being a visual gal, it also looks perfect.

jaime s said...

What a precious name! I've always liked the name Lael (Becky B. has 2 nieces w/ that name as their middle name, one goes by her first name, the other goes by Lael). It is just a perfect fit w/ the precious Margo!

Well done!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some sewing to do :)

mcjacobsjournal said...

What a beautiful post, Ang. I love, love, love her name, and especially the sweet meaning behind it. What a joy you are to your Lord, who hears you as you call this sweet girl HIS, and as you claim His sovereignty and provision even on this tough road you have walked...I cannot wait to see Margo's beautiful face, and will be praying constantly for a safe delivery and very healthy baby girl. :) Love you so much.

Blessed said...

Love it, Angie! Love how you chose her name. Can't wait to see pics! :)